- sharing my books, answering questions (and linking them to your class content)
- explaining how a picture book is made (showing an editor’s markup of my revisions, sketches, a dummy layout, first proofs, the color proofs pages and how all these lead – finally! to a beautiful book)
- a funny and enlightening slide show about my creative process (fully formed ideas don’t just pop into my head)
- a “poetry jam” of students reading my verses for multiple voices
- a class poem, brainstormed and written collectively by students, related to the content of one of my books
- a related art or writing lesson extension for teachers to use if they wish.
All my school visits are scheduled through The Ohio Alliance for Arts Education. The link takes you to the pages that describe my school visit programs and fees. I welcome your questions!
After viewing my programs, you may email me directly at email@example.com and I will schedule it or you can call The Ohio Alliance for Arts Education at (614)-224-2809.
References available upon request.